Within the framework of the contract SIP05-3-001-15 with SSE «ChNPP» financed by EBRD, in February 2008 “Ukratominstruments” corporation put into operation the System of Teledosimetric Control which provides personnel radiation safety while performing works at the «Shelter» object and constructing the new safe confinement.
- remote dosimetric control (measurement of equivalent dose rate (EDR) and equivalent dose (ED)) in the high radiation fields with the help of MiniTRACE gamma S100 dosimeters (measurement range: 0,01 – 100 mZv/hour);
- real-time informing of personnel performing radiation-dangerous works about exceeding the EDR and ED threshold levels via acoustic signals of different tonality and displaying measured data on the monitor;
- real-time informing of personnel that is located at the central post about the EDR value in the places of dosimeter location and warning about exceeding the EDR and ED threshold levels;
- communication of all dosimeters of the system with a central server via radio channel to transmit real-time measured data to the central server for operational control of the personnel exposure level to prevent overexposure; remote dosimeter diagnostic, early warning of the personnel regarding possible danger;
- establishment of threshold levels and dosimeter data readout through IR-channel at the central post;
- analysis of measured data, maintenance of measured data archive.
- pocket dosimeter with short response time on change of the EDR level, low-power jam-resistant radio channel with working range within the system up to 5 km, non-volatile memory and IR-channel;
- portable basic station allowing to deploy a network in the open territory;
- laptop-based data acquisition and processing center (central server);
- programmed thresholds on EDR and ED level, automatic mode change of data transfer when reaching estimated threshold value;
- real-time signaling about exceeding the levels on-site and at the central post;
- self-contained measuring data-base;
- self-diagnostic system embedded in each unit of equipment.
- gives possibility of operative administrative decisions making during carrying out of works with the purpose to prevent personnel overexposure;
- provides the operative centralized control of radiation safety during carrying out of works and integrity of the equipment;
- allows to conduct analysis and investigation of unclear situations both during and after control performance due to the automatic saving of data of the results of radiation control.
- portable MiniTRACE-gamma S100 dosimeters-radiometers with SkyLINK-type radio transmitter with a capacity of 10 mW, that ensures data transfer at a distance up to 5 km from the ShortLINK receiving base station;
- ShortLINK receiving base station;
- software for processing and storage of radiation control results.
- In the System, the possibility of its extension is provided; that allows (if needed and with specified adjustments) to integrate within the System some additional MiniTRACE dosimeters and other devices in which SkyLINK-type radio transmitter is used.