«Vector» complex of enterprises on radioactive waste management (CE «Vector») is located in Exclusion Zone (hereinafter ChEZ) and is intended for processing and disposition of low- and middle-active long-living radioactive wastes (RW).
In 2008, the creation of system for dosimetric control and radiation monitoring for CE «Vector», whose mission is to monitor the radiation situation on the territory of CE «Vector» for reducing radiation exposure on personnel and protecting environment from RW pollution has begun. The system is based on the newest equipment that will allow operating it for a long time (up to 30 years) by means of replacement or repair of individual components.
- Radiation control for all types of radiation in the air, water and soil providing the information both to the personnel – at the place of situation, and to the operator on duty – at the central post;
- Technological control of the processes running at CE “Vector” during RW management;
- Radiation monitoring on the territory of CE “Vector” and outside for prohibiting the environmental contamination;
- Control of RW activity accumulation when placing them to the storage, and database maintenance;
- Control of radiation accumulation by the personnel and database maintenance;
- Control of non-proliferation of radioactive contamination by personnel and transport outside the “dirty” zone of CE “Vector”;
- Dosimetric control system (DCS) for monitoring radiation situation on the territory of CE “Vector” is being created for decreasing the personnel dose stress and for environmental protection from RW influence.
- automated control of all the types of radiation: alpha, beta, gamma and neutron radiation, control of the aerosols in the working areas;
- automated control of emissions to the atmosphere and to water reservoirs, control of ground waters;
- operational control during RW management inside the buildings, constructions, premises and storages;
- creation of long-term archive of the RW database at CE “Vector” (up to 300 years) with ensuring information security;
- forming the database of containers with RW, creation of three-dimensional matrix of containers’ placing inside the storage with ensuring information security;
- possibility of data transfer to the external authorized users (Chernobyl city, ChEZ administration; Kiev city, State Agency of Exclusion Zone Management, etc.).