Technical training tools for the national maintenance and management training centre for SE NNEGC Energoatom personnel at Zaporozhye NPP. Contract number 2010/258-197
INSC Project U1.05/07С
Completion of the National Maintenance and Management Training Centre
for NNEGC “Energoatom” Personnel at Zaporozhye NPP, Ukraine
Full name of the product: Technical training tool (TTT), Valves test rig simulator of the ‘Pipeline valves’ laboratory.
The simulator must be used for practical training of operators serving Valves test rig and mechanical technicians of reactor and turbine equipment, performance of works on hydraulic and pneumatic test rig using a systematic approach to training (SAT) at the stages starting from the input control to demonstration of the knowledge and skills acquired at the simulator.
Categories of staff planned for training are: mechanical technicians of grade 3-6 working in reactor and turbine compartment that are involved in maintenance, valves repair and hydraulic and pneumatic test rig service.
Intended use of the simulator: training of mechanical technicians of reactor and turbine equipment engaged in valves MRO and test rigs service:
- input knowledge control on the construction of stationary test rig , occupational safety and health rules, as well as testing technologies and skills required for effective work performance on the valves test rig;
- instructor’s simulation/demonstration of the tests according to the chosen training scenario;
- trainee’s training on the valve body testing with water and compressed air according to the training class scenario;
- trainee’s training on the seat leakage testing with water and air;
- trainee’s training on the safety relief valve testing on valve actuation with air;
- trainee’s training on the safety valves seat testing on air leakage;
- trainee’s training on the safety valves seat testing on water leakage;
- record of the test results in a simulator computer database;
- practical trainee’s testing by instructor on pipeline valves testing after the trainings.
Additionally, the simulator will be used for quality control of the pipeline valves maintenance and repair at the NPP during practical skill training on typical imperfections repair and armature assembly.